A counter-PSA about Wayland: if you think CSDs are stupid: you're right! We have a protocol which lets you avoid implementing stupid things:
We fought long and hard for this protocol and GNOME can shove it. You're welcome!
Paraphrased from IRC
I think some people are interested in software based on the language it's written in, and when they see that aerc is written in Go they grow assumptions like "it'll be a single self-contained static binary", because lots of Go programs are like that. They like that thing about Go and align their expectations for all Go software accordingly.
But Go is just an implementation detail for aerc, and it's not a self-contained binary. It's a good citizen of unix, with a makefile and man pages and example configs and so on. When it fails to meet their expectations in this respect, their dream of using a cool Go program falls apart because it's not the platonic ideal Go program.
That's why I don't refer to the programing language a project uses in its marketing material. Choosing your software based on the programming language is written in is dumb.
See also: the entire Rust community
nothing significant brat on the internet
101010.pl czyli polska instancja Mastodon.
Co nas wyróżnia?
- Serwer w Polsce.
- Długość wpisu powiększona z 500 do 2048 znaków.
- Trendy w tagach
- Wbudowany Jabber/XMPP z integracją na stronie.
- Wbudowana wyszukiwarka przeszukuje całość statusów, a nie tylko nazwy użytkowników i tagi.
- Obsługujemy formatowanie tekstu.
- Posiadamy własny przekaźnik dla każdego kto chce wymieniać z nami tooty: https://relay.101010.pl/